Get into action! Download your FREE Checklist
Put the most important tips from this episode to work and take your marketing to another level! Get your free 10 Point Checklist for your next actionable steps.
This Week’s Guest:
Imagine you’re in a foreign country where you’re unfamiliar with the language. It’s hard to understand what’s going on and, at most, you understand the occasional word here or there. Suddenly, you encounter someone who speaks fluent English. Being able to truly communicate, to feel understood, and to hear them speaking your language is a breath of fresh air. That’s exactly how potential clients feel when you (figuratively) speak their language instead of in overused generalities like “closing the gap between where you are and where you want to be.”
Christian Mickelsen joins me to teach you all about speaking the language of your potential clients. He’ll also speak in depth about how you can get more clients by giving away introductory sessions, which are partly a sales conversation and partly a sample of your amazing work. Christian is a #1 bestselling author and self-made multi-millionaire who has shared the stage with luminaries including Tony Robbins. He also manages to charge $100,000 for a full day of coaching.
Find Out More About Christian Here:
In This Episode:
- [01:30] – Christian starts off by talking about his book Get Clients Today: How To Get A Surge Of New, High Paying Coaching Clients Today & Every Day, and explores some of his previous frustration in trying to get clients.
- [04:20] – We hear more about Christian’s path after the breakthrough and mindset shift that he has previously mentioned.
- [07:00] – For the last twelve years, Christian has been focusing on helping coaches get clients. He also reveals how quickly he has helped clients go from zero to six figures, and offers listeners a free gift!
- [08:26] – Christian talks about ways to add more clients and some of the best recommendations in his book.
- [10:25] – Stephan uses himself as an example to clarify what Christian has been explaining.
- [13:54] – We return to the example of a dating coach, with Christian offering feedback on an idea that Stephan suggests.
- [16:33] – After the steps that Christian has already described, what happens next in the process?
- [20:27] – Christian’s business has now reached a point where he has team members do the intro sessions for potential new members.
- [22:01] – What was Christian’s conversion rate when he started out, and what is it now that he’s established this process?
- [24:26] – Stephan takes a moment to clarify what Christian has been explaining about his free sessions.
- [27:10] – How long should a free session be? As long as it takes to go through the whole process, Christian answers.
- [31:01] – Christian talks about the next iteration of his business, as he went from month-to-month to 90 days to six months.
- [33:07] – When he was at the $9,700 price point, how many sessions a month was he offering, and how long were they?
- [35:54] – Christian talks about how much he spends on Facebook advertising to get people into his funnel.
- [36:35] – We hear a little bit of what Christian offers in his free coaching session.
- [40:07] – People do want to hear about what you have to offer, Christian points out.
- [41:22] – Stephan clarifies for listeners that Christian’s intro session isn’t a regular coaching session sample, and points out what it is instead.
- [42:09] – Christian and Stephan roleplay a scenario in which a potential customer objects to the price.
- [44:59] – We hear another roleplayed scenario, this time with the potential customer wanting to talk to his wife before signing up. Christian offers some words of wisdom on how to deal with situations like this.
- [49:11] – Christian is unattached to the outcome of whether people sign up or not, and emphasizes the importance of wanting it for your clients more than for yourself.
- [50:07] – Stephan takes a moment to talk about meeting Christian, and recommends listening to an episode featuring Christian on his other podcast, the Optimized Geek.
- [52:37] – How can listeners who are interested in working with Christian get in touch with him or learn more?
Links and Resources:
- Christian Mickelsen
Christian Mickelsen on Facebook
- Christian Mickelsen on LinkedIn
- Christian Mickelsen on YouTube
- @ClientRush on Twitter
- Tony Robbins
- Eben Pagan
- Dan Millman
- Free copy of Christian’s book: Get Clients Today
- Free Sessions That Sell: The Client Sign Up System
- Tony Robbins Platinum Partnership
- The Peace Process
- The Instant Miracle
- Christian Mickelsen on the Optimized Geek
- The Optimized Geek